Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Trevorton Pa

Old 11-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trevorton Pa

I met a guy at a gas station who had noticed my quad on my trailer. We started talking and he said that people where riding at Trevorton . I have ridden there many years ago. I am looking for new places to ride. He said that people could pay for permission to ride there . Does anyone ride there , and does anyone know if this guy was right about riding there . Thanks

Old 12-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Trevorton Pa

I live about 5 miles from there and i go riding there all the time,,I heard that you could pay to ride there and i did try to find out who i had to talk to in order to ride there but i had no luck so i just ride there anyway,,,lol,,,I was told a few weeks ago from a group of riders from New Jersey that said that they were told from the trevorton police that they could ride up there whenever they wanted just as long as there wasnt any liability on the land owner,,plus not to be riding on the main roads in trevorton,,lol,,,Thats good enough for me to keep riding up there,,,not to mention there is 22,000 acres to explore

Old 02-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Trevorton Pa

could you give me driving directions? County Roads or closest landmark coming from NYC. tomcat631@hotmail.com

Old 02-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Trevorton Pa

Yes, it is owned by Reading Anthracite Company and you are "required" to buy a permit to ride there. The permit is good for the calendar year and they do have over 22,000 acres to explore. Permits are $100 per year.

Search google for Reading Anthracite Company permits or RAC permits and you'll get a plethoura of information.

Buy the permit! I have no regrets.

P.s. They do patrol the area and you will be fined $300 if caught riding without a permit... I have been stopped already this year asking to see my permit and such.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Trevorton Pa

What type of riding is it? Is it woods, open, rocky? Is there a specific parking area with a trail head?

Old 02-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Trevorton Pa

They have everything, from open haul roads to rocky technical trails to mud pits to smooth wooded trails. They also have hillclimbs of all sizes.

No, there is no specific trailhead, you just unload your truck anywhere off the side of the road that is on RAC land and put a paper up in your dash to let them know you are a permit owner. It can sometimes be difficult to tell whether or not you are on RAC land, which can be sometimes dangerous, since you never know how crazy the landowner is of which land you are riding

Old 11-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

I know that this threads kinda old, but does anyone have and current info on Trevorton rideing area?

My son and I have been really wanting to go ATV'ing somewhere close for a full day of riding but we don't want to get into trouble either...

TIA
Troy

Old 11-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

Troy,
I have never been up there myself but want to go. Sounds like you have to buy a permit ( if you can find who to buy it from ) but you can ride all day. I live about 3 hours south, but would meet you up there sometime to go riding. Give me a shout and we can schedule something.
Rob

Old 11-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

Yes it is correct you need to purchase the permit from RAC at 200 Mahantoga st Pottsville PA M-F 8am-4pm. Also if ANY vehicle is parked on RAC property and does not have that permot paper on the dash, you risked having it towed at your expense. I never been riding at Treverton, too long of a drive for me. I go to St Clair area which has unlimted amount of miles to ride. We are having a group ride there this Weds.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

Looked around for someting on the St. Clair area. Where is that, I might call in a day. I could use a good ride.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trevorton Pa