Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2000 Yamaha Grizzly 600 Snorkel Help

Old 06-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Yamaha Grizzly 600 Snorkel Help

I need some advice, tips, or a how to. I have searched the internet but I cant seem to find any good help with putting a snorkel on a 600 Grizzly. If anyone could help I would greatly appriciate it. Pics would be great.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Bump

Old 06-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Range Rover

just use plumbing parts with sealant to the air intake with a filter box from Yamaha or something, that's what my buddy did.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

use pool flex hose 1 1/2" and go into the current breather inlet and seal it in with clear silicone. you can do the same with the tranny breather and exhaust.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default snorkel

I don't have a grizzly but the pictues I have seen they snorkel the intake right above the gas tank just in front of the handle bars. Not sure I would trust the Yamaha airbox as being water prooof but that is up to you I am making a custom airbox for mine. If you cannot weld go to any fabrication shop I am sure they could build you one that looks close to your original that you can pressure test. I am building mine out of 1/8" aluminium.

Photo 1 The two front lines in this picture are the belt drive pipes. That is a long run I DECIDED TO LEAVE MINE AT THE BACK.

my rear belt drive case snorkel
I use 2" PVC with a 2" rubber coupling from the case to the 2" PVC.

You can pretty much run the hose or pipe the way you prefer it and to were you want it to be. there will also be a couple small lines you will ned to extend too.

Hopefully this will help a little.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

r u looking for a pre-made kit? or something u want to put together from parts and pieces from home depot? i'm in the process of fabricating a snorkel system on my grizz 700. if i had to do it over, i wood just spend the extra $100 and purchase a kit already engineered and put into a kit.
in the search engine of "yahoo" or "google", type in "atv snorkels" and u should be able to find a kit for ur machine. or if u want to see sum home made snorkels...go to "youtube" and type in "grizzly 700 snorkel", or try ur own make.
there r several manufactors of snorkel kits out there...

Old 06-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I did the 2 1 1/2 hoses today... Going to seal the air box and run a 2" hose from it to the front... Now for the smaller hoses what would yall suggest me to do with those... I greatly appriciate all the help guys

Old 06-20-2009, 06:25 AM
Pro Rider

Go to Walmart and get somd of the 1 way fish tank valves and put in the end of the hoses

Old 06-20-2009, 06:25 AM
Pro Rider

Go to Walmart and get somd of the 1 way fish tank valves and put in the end of the hoses

Old 06-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by thewolverine450
I don't have a grizzly but the pictues I have seen they snorkel the intake right above the gas tank just in front of the handle bars. Not sure I would trust the Yamaha airbox as being water prooof but that is up to you I am making a custom airbox for mine. If you cannot weld go to any fabrication shop I am sure they could build you one that looks close to your original that you can pressure test. I am building mine out of 1/8" aluminium.

Photo 1 The two front lines in this picture are the belt drive pipes. That is a long run I DECIDED TO LEAVE MINE AT THE BACK.

my rear belt drive case snorkel
I use 2" PVC with a 2" rubber coupling from the case to the 2" PVC.

You can pretty much run the hose or pipe the way you prefer it and to were you want it to be. there will also be a couple small lines you will ned to extend too.

Hopefully this will help a little.
I really dig the look of the aluminum dual pipes in the front, but what is the rear about? I thought you just need it coming out the front and then put an extension on the muffler if you wanted.
Also, did you drill holes through front hood to get pipes through? Was curious what it looks like now. Do you have any more pics of it coming out of front hood?

I was under the impression, to make a snorkel, all you need to do is connect pipes to existing air line and rout out front like you did. What is this talk about other smaller lines? Did I miss something here in regards to other pipes that need to be installed?

And finally, is a snorkel kit a must have or optional if you are going to submerge the atv? I heard atv's could be submerged and still run. I've seen videos of them running while submerged with water well over gas tank. Would you consider this to be a dick move, to submerge your atv if you did not put a snorkel on it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 Yamaha Grizzly 600 Snorkel Help