Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Can I use marvel mystery oil on 400ex?

Old 04-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can I use marvel mystery oil on 400ex?

So can I add some like Marvel Mystery oil to my gas to clean it up. Or will it just end up ruining my engine? If I can't use marvel mystery oil, then can I use some other type of oil to clean the engine?

Old 04-16-2009, 08:10 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Exclamation

I think I would rather use: Sea Foam before I would put in marvel mystery oil if you wanting to clean something up. Just follow the directions on the can.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm not really a fan of fuel additive cleaners...

What makes you think the engine needs "cleaned up"?

If it's running badly and jets in the carb are gummed up, its been my experience that taking the carb apart for cleaning will be required.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can i use Marvel Mystery Oil on my 400EX

Originally Posted by Raptoryfn660r
I think I would rather use: Sea Foam before I would put in marvel mystery oil if you wanting to clean something up. Just follow the directions on the can.

I thought i had tried every oil and gas treatment products on the market in over 20 yrs. in the Small Engine Service And Repair Industry untill i retired and closed my shop , it was on these forums that my bother heard about Sea Foam and Deep Creep he tried the Sea Foam on a Outboard boat motor that had sit up long enough with untreated fuel until the carb and the fuel hose with the squeaze primer bulb were clogged up with varnished dead fuel mix ; he bought a can of Sea Foam and poured some directly into the carb throat and hung the fuel hose up in his shop after pouring the Sea Foam in the hose !

He let the engine and fuel hose soak overnight and the next day the Sea Foam and dead fuel mix was running out from the bottom of the hose , then he used some Sea Foam is a spray bottle to prime the carb and pulled the rope starter 2 time and the motor started up and would run as long as he kept spraying into the carb ; after he got a new plastic fuel tank and hooked everything together he added some Sea Foam in the new tank with gas that he mixed with a special 2 stroke no smoke oil i had been using for almost 20 yrs. he took it to the lake for a day of fishing !

And he told me it ran great and started everytime , since then i've used it to treat fuel for not only storing fuel in the off season , ; but also to keep the fuel system and combustion chamber clear from exccessive carbon buildup and the great thing is it's safe to use on both 2 and 4 stroke engine's and both gasoline and Diesel fuel as well !

The reason i had never tried it when i was running my shop is the fact you could only find it at Marine/Boat supply store's , i had never seen it at Auto Part Stores and The Small Engine Parts and supply Distributor's i did business with then ; and the Product Sea Foam and Deep creep has been on the market since 1942 and still carries their original Satifaction or your money back Guarranty !

Not many products remain on the market that long with this type of Guarranty this long if it doesn't work as advertised just my 0.2 !..........

Old 04-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by momo951
So can I add some like Marvel Mystery oil to my gas to clean it up. Or will it just end up ruining my engine? If I can't use marvel mystery oil, then can I use some other type of oil to clean the engine?
If your engine needs "cleaning", then you are jetted to rich and are sooting things up. If your carb needs cleaning, just take it off and do it right.

I run Klotz Octane Booster all the time. It gives me a small increase in octane to insure against ever getting detonation, but more important it has an ester synthetic lube for the top end, a fuel preservative, and moisture absorber. Plus, it keeps the top end very clean!

If your crankcase is all gummed up, run an ester syntietc oil like Maxima Extra. Esters have natural detergent qualities, and will clean the gunk out of your internals.