Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How Often Should You Rebuild The Top End On A Yamaha Banshee And how much would it cost including mechainic fees estimat

Old 12-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Often Should You Rebuild The Top End On A Yamaha Banshee And how much would it cost including mechainic fees estimat

How Often Should You Rebuild The Top End On A Yamaha Banshee And how much would it cost including mechanic fees estimated?

Old 12-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default How Often Should You Rebuild The Top End On A Yamaha Banshee And how much would it cost including mechainic fees estimat

every 2 years is average, but it depends how often u ride and stuff, whatever u do go with Wiseco pistons any banshee guru will tell you the same thing.as 4 the cost im not sure it depends on wut they charge an hour. but for a topend rebuil my guess it would be around 500 total

Old 12-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is there A difference between Wiseco Piston Top End Kit Yamaha Banshee 350 .40, .50 .60, .70, .80, .90 .100 and which should i get living in chattanooga tennessee? Thanx i Appreciate it.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

Yeah those are different sizes of bored out cylinder pistons. You need a stock size.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

stock size unless u need to re bore it, best thing to do is jst get it bored to the next size to save the life of ur cylinders 4 future rebuilds, if u get a shop to do it you can just tell them to order a set of wiseco pistons the next size up from stock then theyll bore it out accordingly to your pistons. if your bore is very clean looking then you might be able to just hone it and then re-ring

Old 12-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

i hope you dont go to RT cycles. you might get the *****er back in 6 months. i still refuse to do business with them after the way they treated me last year.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

its a 1993 yamaha banshee and i don't know the last timethe rebuild the motor change the oil or anything but the s.o.b. runs damn good at least to my knowledge should i just replace all the stuff anyway or is there a way to tell if i actually even need to rebuild thanxxx..

Old 12-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

well how does it cold start? if it fires right up when its cold chances are its fine. best thing to do to see if you need a rebuild would be to just put a compression tester on it. "If it aint broke dont fix it" as some people say...lol.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer

i got my banshee rebuilt, it got bored the next size up genuine yamaha pistons and rings and stuff at a place called "pro cycle" in halifax nova scotia.. it cost me $1200 Canadian does anyone think thats a bit expensive everything adds up besides the $500 for the work itself...the charge somthing like $75 an hour but remember its Canadian dollors for anyone from the u.s thanks alot for your input

Old 02-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Question hello riders!!!

i got a banshee its an 05 i had it sitting in my garage for a few months i start it. up yesterday drove it for a lil bit then start backfirering choking and Now it wont start. Girl its coming out of the carbs hoses wont even push start anyone that can help me please???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How Often Should You Rebuild The Top End On A Yamaha Banshee And how much would it cost including mechainic fees estimat