Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anyone heard of Linhai / Yamaha?

Old 11-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone heard of Linhai / Yamaha?

Found some interesting news online when I googled Yamaha yesterday. Not sure when this went down, but Yamaha bought a percentage of Linhai (a Chinese manufacturing company) and are providing technology for Scooters, and more importantly for this forum, ATV's.

Seeing as how not everyone can AFFORD the crazy prices that have skyrocketed over the past 15 years. Yamaha and Linhai are trying to produce a more affordable model by manufacturing out of CHINA! I found a pretty substantial savings at www.RidersWholesale.com over what they want you to pay at the local Yamaha Dealer.

Just spreading the word. <span class="FTHighlightFont">Let me know what you think about this.</span ft> You can check out the Technical Specs Here

Old 11-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

I still wouldn't trust a Chinese built quad.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't think that they have any racing models, and on the track I can't say that I personally would hit any substantial jumps on a Chinese made quad even if they did. (Until I saw them winning in the pro circuits)

I guess my point is that Yamaha thinks enough of this company to share R&D, and they own 21% of the company. I don't know of any other Chinese manufacturers that are partially owned by a major Japanese ATV manufacturer like Yamaha. Just thought that they may make a good quad for tooling around in the woods for half the cost.

Maybe someone on here has one and would share their experience?

Old 11-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

Absolutely, If I was looking to just tool around sure why not, if any kind of aggressive riding is present, no thanks.

United Motors has some decent machines at lower prices.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, I'll check them out too.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just looked at United Motors, but I didn't see anything built for trail riding. Just the racing model 450r. Anyone out there recommend something similar to the Linhai-Yamaha 300 4x4 SE feature wise?

Old 11-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

i wouldnt trust a chinese built quad to do the things i do on my quads, but for kids or someone who doesnt dog them out like i do then they can be great quads....

i like that subaru 450 thats on that site, atleast now them chinese manufactures are building somthing bigger then a damn 250...

Old 11-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, I saw a 400cc Linhai - Yamaha, and a 550 for the trail as well. Good to see something large enough to actually get some speed.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi there i new to this site i have a 550 linhai 4by4 it go as well as the yamaha 660 ..this year yam came out with the 550 it is the same motor and trans...the frame on the linhai 550 is honda 650/680 ricon

Old 11-20-2008, 11:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The price for the 400 you link is $5300. That's crazy for a chinese quad. Why would anyone buy it when they could get the same displacement in a japanese/american quad for LESS money. You can get a new 420 rancher 4x4 for about a grand less than that 400.

Honda, real Yamaha etc have been around forever and will stay around - one can't say the same about whoever owns that website that's buying containers of whatever. My '94 yamaha timberwolf is still going strong. My 02 rancher with thousands of miles is still going strong. And if anything messes up on them, I just run across town and pick up a new part.

I can see me going in the shop and saying, "hey, I need a set of front wheel bearings for my 08 Linhai 400."

Response: "Your what?"

Dont get me wrong. I've bought disposable chinese atvs for my kids and the kazum dingo 150 is still running (usually). But they were cheap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone heard of Linhai / Yamaha?