Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2000 Honda TRX350 leaking fuel out from hose comming out of bottom of carb

Old 04-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Honda TRX350 leaking fuel out from hose comming out of bottom of carb

hello, Nice forum you guys got here.
I just got my first quad today, its a 2000 honda TRX350FE quad.
I unloaded it off my truck and took it for a quick 5 minute ride through the forest.
I got back, turned the quad off and noticed that fuel started dripping, at a good rate out a black hose comming out the bottom of the carb. This hose doesn't connect to anything on the other end, im assuming its a drain hose.
I also notice a wire that comes off the front of the carb, it has a male plastic plug on its end but the plug isn't plugged into anything. i cant seem to find where the heck it goes.

-Could this wire be for some sort of sensor that tells the carb to stop getting fuel and when I was on my short ride, disconnected it by snagging a stick or something on the trail?
if so, where do I plug this wire into?
if not, what is the perpose of this wire?

or
-could it just be a stuck float? I tried banging on the carb very gently with a punch, but nothing.

Thanks

Old 04-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2000 Honda TRX350 leaking fuel out from hose comming out of bottom of carb

your right about the stuck float and drain tube. and now you understand why there is a fuel shut off valve on gravity flow systems. sometimes things dont work like they were designed...until you fix the float problem turn the gas off a short way before you get bak to the barn

as for the wire, i,m guessing here... does the wire come from a round / cylindrical device attached to or imbeded in the body of the carb? perhaps a fuel shut off solenoid that is malfunctioning or has been defated by the previous owner...
an electric choke? or does the machine have a choke lever??sorry i ain't much help

Old 04-18-2008, 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MSJ113

your right about the stuck float and drain tube. and now you understand why there is a fuel shut off valve on gravity flow systems. sometimes things dont work like they were designed...until you fix the float problem turn the gas off a short way before you get bak to the barn

as for the wire, i,m guessing here... does the wire come from a round / cylindrical device attached to or imbeded in the body of the carb? perhaps a fuel shut off solenoid that is malfunctioning or has been defated by the previous owner...

an electric choke? or does the machine have a choke lever??sorry i ain't much help</end quote></div>

yes the wire comes from a cylindrical device that is attached to the carb, it has
"12v
10W
993"
written on the boltt that the wire runs into.
this wire connection is located just before the boot that caries the air/fuel into the cylinder.
i dont think that its anything that was disconected by the previouse owner because the previous owner was my grand-mother and my uncles would have said something to me about it if they had disconnected it. they also gave me a manual with a list of every oil change and maintenence that has ever been done on it. i even have all the work orders\warnaty work for it. so im sure that they didn't disconnect it