Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New to ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to ATV's

Hey guys I am new to ATV's and i Was wondering if I am to big for a Kawasaki Bayou 250... I have a neighbor that is selling a bayou 250 for 700 and it seems like a good deal, but will it haul me around on trails. i weigh 280lbs. wat ya'll think?

Thanks for the info.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New to ATV's

It should haul you around, how fast do you need to go? I have daisy chained a heavy older logsplitter with a trailer that holds about a 1/4 cord of wood behind my dads old 230cc Suzuki plenty of times (I weigh 210.) You don't move fast and it isn't going to pull much of a hill (I lose traction before power like this) but it will move you. Top speed isn't great on these smaller cc utes, but they have a lot more capability than you would think.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New to ATV's

well im just wantin to do some trail ridin no deep mud holes or anything but just some small climbs and easy trails...and are they pretty reliable machines?

Old 12-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New to ATV's

i just bought the same thing but for 80 bucks needless to say its non running [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] just wanted to say congrats though

Old 12-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default New to ATV's

There is a huge difference between the bayou 220/250 and the suzuki 230. The 230 will pull stumps out of the ground with the bayou tied on for the ride! I own and have rebuilt both of them. The 230 is a torque monster for its size. The 220 on the other hand doesn't have good power until you get the revs up. It will haul 280lbs around ok, but I really think you'd be happier witth something bigger (or a 230, lol).

The bayou is extremely reliable though. Bulletproof little quads. They don't like lots of deep water riding because of the drum brakes all the way around. Water will get into the driveshaft and rust out the bearings too. I filled my whole boot with grease and silicon to try to stop that.

Anyway, if you don't mind going slow up hills n that and just putting around, the bayou is ok. It makes a good work horse for chores around your property. That's what I use mine for. Donuts, jumping, racing, etc,,, no way.