Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine 350 Exhaust...

Old 11-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverine 350 Exhaust...

Well, I bought a torque stuffer and I attempted to install it. I figured pretty straight forward... take the nuts off the bolts holding the "header" to the head. Well I did, and I could not budge it. Five minute install they said, well I think not...

Now, I looked for like 20 minutes trying to find another nut to loosen, but could not find anything except the ones holding the muffler up.

Can anyone tell me where the attatchment points are, and what I need to loosen to get the pipe away from the head far enough for the install? I would really appreciate it.

Oh, this is a 2006, and there is alot going on in the area of the front end. Pretty cramped space. Thanks guys.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will probably have to unbolt the pipe from the head pipe, right side (as you sit on it) over the clutch housing, and also unbolt the bracked from the clutch housing

Old 11-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Gotcha... thanks.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Well, it does not fit after all that...lol. Ya'll would'nt happen to know anyone that would like one for a Warrior do you? I'll take $15 shipped for it, or trade it for one that will work... seriously.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

I installed mine a few years ago without a problem. Started by taking off the entire exaust, because I was also installing an FMF megamax at the time, but it cant hurt and doesnt take very long, then just followed the instructions. It shouldnt be any different for the wolverine/warrior, where did you buy it from, I got mine from Alba and if thats where you got theres they have great customer service and would definatly walk you through any troubles your having over the phone.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

I got it off of another board... took a gamble because this engine and that of the Warrior ( I thought ) were pretty much the same... guy told me he thought it would fit, but no guarantee... oh well, live and learn...

Old 11-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

it should fit. the 350 wolverine and warrior engines are compatible. the top ends are the same its the bottom end tranny thats different (5 speed auto clutch vs. 6 speed manual and shaft vs chain). do you have a photo of the stuffer? The Wolverine/ warrior exausts are fully compatible I belive. I know the headers are the exact same 99% sure the slip ons are the same unless its just a different hanger location. The bend is definatly the same. I have had mine on my wolvy for at least 3 or 4 years.

Name:  100_2915.jpg
Views: 7357
Size:  80.0 KB

Not dissing the wolvy 450 owners to each their own but I wouldnt trade this baby for anything else. I had a quadzilla and kept this over that when I had to sell one to get my jetboat. I got it new for my bday from my father and plan to keep it long as I live. Once i get out of college ive got plans for a few more mods. Want to do a big bore kit for it as well as a second set of rims/tires. I have stock rims with 25 inch sur-traks and 1.5" billet wheel spacers I want a set of light aftermarket rims with Holeshots, razrs or similar tires in a smaller more sport size. once the stock header rots on me ill replace that too. What other mods do you have on your wolverine?

Once i get better with my welder I also want to make a set of low profile heel guards. right now im runnign without any guards just the pegs but Id like to weld up somthing small just to stabilize the fenders.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

I checked, and Alba has the 06' model listed as a different part number... those headlight covers rock by the way...

The problem is it too large in diameter to fit in my pipe. Did you notice a difference when you put yours in? Did you lose any top end? I am gonna order another one for it, depending on what I hear about performance that is...

Old 11-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

Hard to tell what exactly it did because I drilled three 1" holes in the airbox, installed a K&N filter with outerwears cover, and an FMF megamax exaust along with the torque stuffer but all together after a re-jet I felt a nice kick in the pants from stock. Probably the biggest performance mod difference I felt. Later I went with a higher compression Wiseco Piston on stock bore but freshly honed, and a white brothers High lift Camshaft which lets the engine wind out longer in each gear. Slip on exaust filter and torque stuffer the bike had a nice Pop of torque when you cracked the throttle. Now I get more power in the higher RPMs with the cam. Down the road I would like to kick it up to the 446 or maybe a slightly smaller big bore kit for more bottom end grunt. its really such a great platform either way. If you dont have a WARN 424 select thats a great bang for your buck as well. so much more fun to throw through the trails in 2x4 as well as giving a bit more power not spinning the front wheels when its not needed (90% of the time) Whats your mod list? Ill list what I have on/into mine

Ox-lite CV boot guards
Highlifter Aluminum Skidplate
Highlifter Diamondplate bash plates
Renthal handlebars
Scott ATV grips
Moose blue handguards
Parking brake blockoff kit
-removed parking brake cable & assorted parts
-Unpluged P-brake sensor that causes sputter
25" Maxis Sur-Traks on stock rims
1.5" billet aluminum wheel spacers
Tow hitch with 2" ball so I can tow my jetboat around the yard
Modified airbox with a few extra holes
K&N filter with Outerwear cover
Baja Designs bloodshot eye light covers (was given by friend with blue warrior)
Installed fuel filter between tank and carb
FMF megamax slip-on exaust running (i think) 10 disks and no quiet core
Stock head pipe with Alba Torque stuffer
Wiseco High compression Piston
White Brothers camshaft
WARN 424 select
Racks & heel guards removed
front and rear blue no-name shock covers
Running all Amsoil synthetic lubes in differentials/oil
replaced gas vent hose with small vent

To do:
I have an endurance trail tech computer that i havent installed
I have a 2000# winch I will install eventually but need to get better at welding to make myself a custom mount inside the frame and then move the remote oil cooler
Sometime down the road splurge for the Big bore kit
Get aftermarket rims with holeshot/razr tires in smaller 20-22" size with larger fronts like any sport quad (wont hurt 4x4 system just leave in 2x4 unless really stuck in that case traction probably too poor to stress drive system)

Its really one of the coolest platform great there are new faster sport quads and bigger 4x4 utes that can go faster or mud deeper but this can do both pretty well especially with some tinkering. It can hang quite well with either condition other than jumping but if i;m going to jump id rather be on my dirtbike anyways...

Old 11-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Mine is pretty much bone stock. It has had some work done to the exhaust, although I do not know what. It is a Yamaha muffler, but I do not know what part # it is. This thing sounds MEAN. Alot tougher than others I have heard and been around. Here is what I am thinking on doing...

Port and Polish
K&N Powerup kit
Lighter wheels
rejet
clutch kit
cam

That will make it do what I want it to... I should be able to get out for about $100 I think...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wolverine 350 Exhaust...