Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MONROE PRAIRIE TRAILS Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MONROE PRAIRIE TRAILS Wisconsin

Was just wondering if anyone rode these trails before How they are and when they open? Looks like a lot of road driving

Old 03-31-2007, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

The trail is open May 19 thru Nov. 1. I've never been there myself, planning to check it out this year. There's plenty of good trail info to be had at the WATVA website, including a forum for questions. Link: WATVA

Old 05-07-2007, 03:12 AM
Range Rover

Are you talking about this place? Text If so I ride there all the time. It's less than an hours drive from me now to the trailhead in Belmont, Wi. The main trail and Pecatonica Trail that branches off is mostly pea gravel, with quite a few bridges over the river, that snakes back and forth along the trail. Theres a new all Paved road trail down to Shullsburg. Then there is also a trail with more hills, ruts, and turns that leads up to Fayette that is dirt. That one is open more seasonally as rains guage if it's open. Then there is about 50+ miles of paved road trails starting at Fayette. These go up to Blanchardsville. All in all a fun days ride with some good variation. Also plenty of reasons to go back as most of the food joints I've tried along the trails are excellent. We usually put on about a 110-120 miles a day and not see but 15-20 miles of the same trail twice. Brian

Old 05-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went to the trails on april 23 . It is a very Boring 110 Miles. U Definitly need goggles and a Hanky for all the dust. We had 6 Atv in our Group, and it was a major dust bowl. I will never waste my time going back Here. It is Ok if it was a little more wet Out or it seemed less dusty early in the morning. There were even about 20 mph winds and that didnt even help.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Range Rover

Sounds like you got stuck on the main trail up there all day. I've had that happen last spring and it was boring. Just outside of Darlington to the West, there are some club trails that go through farmlands that are more hilly, scenic, that lead up to alot of paved road trails. These paved road trails are probably the best and most scenic up there. The problem is in early spring, the connecting trail through those farmlands is always closed. You may have seen a closed gate that would lead to your North. That would be the better trails on this trail system. If you get stuck all day on the Cheese County Trail, that does make for a boring and dusty ride. That is why my quads have windshields on them now. Brian[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]