Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

places to ride in SW Missouri

Old 03-01-2002, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard there is a good place to ride down by Cassville and Roaring River state park, but cant find any information on it. Also heard there is a place by Springfield. Does anyone have any information on these or anyother places to ride in SW Missouri?

Old 03-02-2002, 03:33 PM
Trailblazer

I hear Chadwick is a great place with over 125 miles of trails. I have yet to make it down there. Cooper Creek Recreational Area(DeepWater) is about 6 miles south of Clinton, Mo. on highway 13. Its pretty cool, lots of mud, trails, and hillclimbs. There is a large group heading to Deepwater on April 12-14. The ride is sponsered by Midwest ATV. Should be a good time.

Danno

Old 03-03-2002, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer

Where is Chadwick?

Old 03-03-2002, 06:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Chadwick is about 30 miles s.e. of Springfield on Hwy 125. From Springfield go to Ozark and take Hwy 14 east to Sparta then turn on Hwy 125 south to Chadwick. There is a little c-store on the left where you buy your permits. I've been there one time and it was alot of fun we will be going back this spring.

Old 03-03-2002, 09:08 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info on Chadwick. What type of riding is it? I have a 10 year old son who rides a TRX 90, are there places to ride for his age and that size quad?

Old 03-03-2002, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

If he is an average to good rider he would be fine there. The trails are marked on difficulty and there are some easy places to ride, but there are some real challanges, I have only been riding for a couple of years and my wife less than that and we had a great time.

Old 03-07-2002, 10:34 AM
Range Rover

Lots of fun trails near Cassville. Call the forestry service office in Cassville, they can provide you with a great map of all the Mark Twain trails in the region. Probably at least 200 miles worth of trails.

I actually prefer Mark Twain in the Cassville & Shell **** area to Chadwick. Larger area, little to no other people (no one during the week), and just as entertaing trails. Much more scenic than Chadwick.

You need a Barry county permit that is available from a couple of places. Email me for more information if you need it.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default places to ride in SW Missouri

I have a map order form DNR for logging roads in the Cassville area. Is this what shows where you can ride as long as you register with the county? Chadwick is cool but I'm a little too old to bang wheels with a bunch of kids on Banshees. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Mohuskers

Old 04-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Range Rover

Mark Twain near Cassville & Seligman,Mo is a great area to ride...WARNING!!!!You will need to get your county sticker. At the Sportsman Corner on Hy 112 south of Cassville at the 112/86 intersection...Also you will need a flag at least 6'off the ground & a slow moving sign on the rear of your ATV...If you do not hav ethese they will give you a ticket...Last year they were $129 I can give you atleast 4 people who will verify it...

THe trails are located 3 miles down Scenic Drive south on hy112 ,,It is about 3 miles from Roaring River & 6 miles from Seligman...

Also if you are from Lamar,Mo. You might check out www.ddayadventurepark.com It is located 5 miles south of Hy 60 1/4 mile west of the OK state line...710 acres of trails easy to difficult....We as a club get to ride there for free.

www.nwaatvrc.freehomepage.com

Thanks,Marty

Old 04-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Marty, we had exchanged emails a few times a couple of years ago, and for awhile I was on your clubs email list. We had thought about joining your club back then, decided you were far enough away that we couldnt get to many of your gatherings. My boys got into racing at a track north of Lamar about that time, and that took up most of our riding time. This year we have backed off on the racing and are trying to do more recreational riding.

Will have to check out that dday adventer park. Do you have to share the park with jeeps and pickups on the weekends and could that be a problem, i.e. meeting one at the top of a hill?

Always wanted to check out Cassville, are there maps available of the trails?

Eric

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: places to ride in SW Missouri