Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Rock Run ATV Park in PA

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Run ATV Park in PA

I just came a cross a brochure about a place called Rock Run Recreation area in Altoona, PA Does anyone know any info on this place????? website is www.rockrunrecreation.com

Old 04-12-2007, 03:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

parafrog, The park is down the road from me. I haven't bben to the park yet, but the terrain in the area is rolling mountains. They are supposed to open in the next week or two (per the associate that replied to my inquiry. The park that is going to open this year is only a fraction of what will be there when the entire project is completed. There is going to be a section set aside for 4X4's. The are around the park doen't really have any hotels, although there are many Bed and Breakfasts available at reasonable prices. There are also numerous camp grounds available. The neighboring state park (http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/StatePar...gallitzin.aspx) has some nice camp grounds and cabins. The cabins book fast, usually a year in advance last time I checked. The park is full of hiking and mountainbiking trails, as well as having a lake. There is a marina with boat rentals. There is also an abundance of trout fishing around the area. I plan on hitting the park as soon as it opens. I'll post more about it then. Hope you come over to our side of the state and enjoy the riding.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer

hey, thanks for the info, please keep me posted on how things are progressing there!

Old 04-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sure thing. Froce Recon, you guys were fun during jump school at Benning, but not as fun as the BUDS.

Go Army