Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Breeze 125 No Power - Won't Start!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Breeze 125 No Power - Won't Start!

I have a 2004 Yamaha Breeze 125. There is no power to start the engine. Brand new battery yesterday fully charged -- still no power. The dash lights won't even light (the on/off lights). I changed the inline fuse near the battery above the tire. Still no power whatsover to crank the engine or deliver power to the dash lights. I hear a "click" from the red component about the size of 1 inch rectangular next to that fuse. There is a red component and a white component above the tire mounted on the frame by rubber and the red one clicks as I turn on the switch. I assume the starter cellinoid is next to it (black box, two terminals, one from battery).

Not sure what is keeping the power from the battery getting to the rest of the machine. Any other fuses I have overlooked? Could it be the starter cellinoid that prevents power from reaching the dash lights?

Help!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yamaha Breeze 125 No Power - Won't Start!

The starter solenoid won't have anything to do with the lights not working. There are a few connections by the relays, you might check those for corrosion. I would also say that you might have a ground problem. I have a breeze but I don't have a manual for one, but the wiring is pretty basic, you should be able to remove the rear plastic and use a test light and find where the problem lies, just start at the battery and move to each connection to see if it has power. If you come across something that you think is bad, let me know and i can test mine and see if my results are the same or different.

Fender

Old 01-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2000 yamaha breeze 125

Also I have a question about this four wheeler as well. I have a 2000 yamaha breeze 125. Where at on the frame does yamaha ground the battery to the frame? Also I too seem to be getting zero power to any of my dash lights. I just put on a brand new starter solenoid and still nothing. So in trying to figure some things out I unhooked both relays to see if I could switch them around and see if anything would happen. When I use the White relay nothing happens. But when I plug the red relay into the white connecter my soleniod clicks. I checked for juice on both studs of the soleniod, and its good there. Also while still holding in the starter button I checked the starter motor to check for juice, good there too. Now my problem is, im not getting any juice to my dash lights, and my starter is getting juice but wont turn the motor over. Also the starter soleniod clicks only once. Battery is also good with a full charge. Any info on my problem would be greatly appreciated.