Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

WEEKEND WARRIOR FUEL STATION - WTF??

Old 11-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WEEKEND WARRIOR FUEL STATION - WTF??

I purchased a $30,000 trailer and have only used the fuel station on two complete fill ups and the fuel pump motor goes out!! I just went out of warranty two months ago. Looks like the electric motor is bad and the company that made them has been bought out by Graco and they sell the motor for just a little under $200.00 bills.

The only thing I did differently this time was left the timer running and it only had 1 minute left. I usually just turn the timer on and fill up then turn it off but this time I left it on and it only had one minute left and just below that it quit working and blew my fuse. I then replaced the fuse and it instantly blew it again.

Does anyone know who makes the electric motors for Graco and the part number is 260450 for the motor and some external parts.

Thanks in Advance to any comments or answers on my situation.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

The problem with the fuel pump is the gears inside. They are plastic and a large batch were bad. The fuel makes the gears swell and jam up. This is what causes the circuit to blow a fuse. Call weekend warrior and they will ship you a set of gears. They are very easy to replace. Has been a common problem on toy haulers with fuel stations. Some got a replacement set and they were bad. Good luck.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I took it apart, the gears are fine, I then tried to turn the motor over and it was frozen. I am taking it to a electric motor repair place this week hopefully they can fix it. Yes they did tell me the gears go bad in them but they looked fine to me and they didnt want to send me a new one unless it was still under warranty and mine just went out last Sept. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Could'nt the gears swell up and still appear fine?

Old 11-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The gears are hard plastic, when I took it apart they seem to be functioning fine. The motor was pulled out of the pump and it was frozen. I just got it back today. Took it to my brothers shop and he found that one of the brushes fell out. He fixed the problem that caused it to fall out and it works. I am going to place it back in tomorrow and see what it does. I did however find a replacement pump and electric motor. Its locally and they guarantee it for 2 years $165.00 and parts are available for anything for it. Thats what I like, this other one they dont sell parts just the whole thing.

Does anyone know exactly what happens to the gears when they go bad? The dealer told me they break apart thats what causes them to go bad and that they had replacements for them. I wonder if the ones I have in it have the updated gears...... Its a 2005 model.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I the gears don't break, just swell up. Trailer life magazine forums has a toy hauler section. There was a ton of info about this problem with WW. I think the bad gears were mostly on 06's, but......

Old 11-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Is that on all the 2005 models?

Something new to look forward too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: psd4mike
I the gears don't break, just swell up. Trailer life magazine forums has a toy hauler section. There was a ton of info about this problem with WW. I think the bad gears were mostly on 06's, but......
Thanks, do you have a link to this site or could you PM me the info?

Thank you

Old 11-18-2006, 03:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

The pumps are a generic pump. They are used on many applications and brands of trailers. The gears will swell up but you can not tell by looking at them. They will cause a problem by simply swelling 2-3 thousands of an inch. the tolerance is designed to be very tight and any increase in size will bind them up. this usually burns out the fuse( 20 amp) but if it does not or if it is bypassed with a larger fuse it will then damage the motor brushes such as yours. I would definetly put new gears in it to be safe.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Where can I get them gears before I put this all back in? The company Graco that makes this pump wants me to buy the whole pump instead of just the gears!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WEEKEND WARRIOR FUEL STATION - WTF??