Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

i cant get my truck out of a mud hole stuck bad

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i cant get my truck out of a mud hole stuck bad

my freind has a 96 z71 ext cab with tires and all he got it stuck in a bad hole it is realy just a real bad low spot in a feild that is on a slope agaisnt the woods the back end is buried to the axle the front is buried a little bit he tried to pull it out with a small sized tractor and it got stuck to we tried to pull it out with a f 150 and another z71 and they ony pulled it like 2 feet it is burried to both axles and the front bucket wont pull it no further we have to pull it up hill we had a small come a long that we had hooked to a tree and it helped some then it broke we cant get a big tractor to were it is and i saw on dicovery channel one time that the army got a humvee stuck and they used snach blocks and what not and rigged it up to some trees and stuff and they were able to use 5 people pulling a rope to get out but i dont no how they had the stuff rigged any suggestions on how to get them out we mainly need to get the tractor out cause we think we can get the truck out

Old 11-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Find yourself an older fellow that has "been there, done that" and have him come help you. Nothing like experience and know how when this kind of stuff happens. Watch and learn.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

Recon,

We get stuck like that a bunch up here on the beaches. You cannot pull it unless you lift it up first. to do this you need a high lift jack and some 2x10's.

Jack up each tire by the bumper closet to the tire and place the board under the tire. After all 4 tires are clear of the ground. Give it a tug. If its real soft ground the process may need to be repeated.

If you try to pull it straight away the front bumper, alxles and under carriage are plowing ground.

You can use pulleys, and a block and tackle set-up to double, tripple, etc.your pulling power. However, it then becomes easier to snap the pull line.

Good Luck

SJ

Old 11-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

well see we tried that but its so bad it gust keeps mashing then into the mud i dont think there is a bottom there he has some of rope on those big spoils like you buy at the store he has 2 rolls full of roap were going to put then togather and trinthenm to a tree on the outher side of the feild then hook 4 come a longs to the ropes and attach the to th bar on the front of the tractor then we are going to hook a cable on the top of the bar and to the tree and take a small chain come a long hook to the cable and then on the hooks that are on the bucket then while 2 people crank them 4 come a longs i am going to get on the tractor and raise the buket that way when i raise the bucket it will pullthe cable up and that way the tractor can pull its self out and them come a longs will make a big difference cause we have used them before in outher problems

Old 11-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

This is how I got unstuck....

2 Things you will need: one large tractor, 6-8 or more chains.....

hook up 1 or 2 chains between the truck and unstuck tractor and drive them until the tractor is in large ruts...then unhook the tractor and move forward out of the ruts....hook another chain to the first ones....and repeat untill you are able to drive out.......It took me about 100yds of chain

Old 11-16-2006, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Block and tackle
Block and tackle
Block and tackle
Block and tackle!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tie the rope to a big tree or double it up ,then run it thru the rim of the tractor wheel and put the tractor in low gear and reverse and the tractor acts as it's own winch ,or chain some small logs like 4" in diameter and wider then the tire of the tractor and it acts like a paddle .couple of ideas ,

Old 11-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Wait until the ground freezes, then do the jack up trick.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:45 PM
TIC
Pro Rider

Oh boy, I have been there... I vote for the hi lift jack also... Man those things are a pain to carry around, but they are a life saver.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds to me like you need a friend with a bulldozer. I was in a similar situation a long time ago and that's what it took to finally get my truck out after fighting with it for a little less than a week. Good luck.

Quick Reply: i cant get my truck out of a mud hole stuck bad