Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

HELP starting problems Sunl 110

Old 07-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More starting problems Sunl 110

Ok have read alot of post about starting problems.We have tried-unpluging tether,checked coil wires,air filter,oil,bypassed kill switch on left handle bars(held together)spark plug(getting spark)The atv is only about 6 weeks old.was running fine on a saterday night,parked and went to start mon morning and it wont start.Acts like it wants to and just wont fire.My husband tried strating fluid and still nothing.Tried starting with remote and is the same diff as if using the start button on the ATV.What next???
Thanks for any help we can get!!

Old 07-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default More starting problems Sunl 110

install new spark plug, the chainese plugs are junk, ngk# cr7hsa or c7hsa, if still doesn't run then get back to us

Old 07-31-2006, 08:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default HELP starting problems Sunl 110

ok,got the new plug and still wont start.Getting a little more sputter than before but still just wont fire up.
Thanks

Old 08-01-2006, 12:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

There are two wires on the left side underneath along the frame. These 2 wires go to the coil. I have seen this with ALOT of the sunl where the boots come off of the connectors and they touch together. This will cause it not to start. Not sure what the colors are. I would have to look tomarrow but I think they are green, and black with yellow stripe. If you follow the 2 small wires from the coil on the right side it will lead you to the connector.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Trailblazer

We checked them and the ones on the left handle bars to kill switch.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Trailblazer

Well I know this if you are getting GOOD spark and you squirted starting fluid in there and you have good compression it should run. I know nothing about the particular atv you have, 2 stroke 4 stroke. But make sure spark is a good blueish spark and not a weak orange spark. Make sure you squirted enough starting fluid in there to start it. If that fails then do a compression check, I realize its not that old but what else can you do. fuel air gas and compression = booom. Unless you have a valve train problem if its a four stroke but it would still backfire. Only other thing I can think of is if you have water in your gas (did you fill it up before you parked it or after you parked it) maybe water is dilluting starting fluid enough to not start if you didnt squirt enough in there.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Trailblazer

It is 4 STROKE HONDA CLONE ENGINE.We filled it before the last ride and didnt fill again.It still had about 3/4 tank.we did drain all the gas out and put new in.We also took the carb off to check float,line ect all was clear.
The last time it was running it did back fire a couple of times when they were riding it.All we get is some sputtering and it acts like it want to start(comes close) but just wont go.
Sorry I dont realy know what a valve train is.How would we get that fixed ect.....

Old 08-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

the next thing i would try would be a valve adjustment, i posted it already from the factory manual, right now it on page 5, thread is AT WITS END..PLEASE HELP, written by browenssbabe.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer

Boy that sounds alot like this......I had missed that post.I talked with a guy last night and thats what he said mine sounded like.My husband did the valve adjustment last night and still the same thing.The compression does not seem to be that good on it.I have been in contact with the dealer so I hope its covered by the 6 mo/W and we are going to take to be double checked.We have done all we can do on the out side of the motor so going to get confirmed by mechanic.
Still open for any other input and thanks to everyone how has helped thus far!!

Old 08-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer

Well the dealer thinks it is the carb.So sending one out today.I explained every thing to him and still wants me to try a new carb.
Kinda dumb founded but time will tell.Oh and it was only 3 weeks old when it stopped running.The last time it was rode was the first time it had been rode much at one time other than short rides around the farm.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP starting problems Sunl 110