ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

110 carb problem

Old 05-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110 carb problem

Hi, I just bought this 82 honda 110 and I'm having problems with it. I'm new to these and I got some questions. My problem is pretty much its flooding out, if you idle it, it'll just barely run and puff all kinds of white smoke, it dies alot and floods so I'll have to dry the plug then retry it. The local dealer said its the needle thing that had the adjustment slots and the seat for that. I ordered the $28 kit and it didn't help, I think its the float needle and seats, I don't see any adjustment though. I'm new to these so I could be really wrong. The only way I can get full power is to shut the valve to the tank and then open it partly back up, I know this could be very hard on the engine via lean condition but thats the only way to get it moving. Is the hose coming from the bottom of the carb to drain the bowl or is it supposed to drain when fuel level gets to high? What would you guys reccomend trying?

Old 05-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default 110 carb problem

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

The guy at the honda shop is talking about your NEEDLE for the main jet of the carb. it is the needle that you see inside of the carb where the slide is. it sounds like that your FLOAT or FLOAT VALVE is messed up letting too much gas get in and flooding it out. your main jet needle needs to be set in the middle clip. this is the needle on the top of the carb when you screw the top of it off. I would take the bowl off the carb and see how the float looks and if it looks good with no holes in it or no gas or liquid in it then i would take and air hose and blow air into the gas intake of the carb and see if the needle holds back air or keep the gas line hooked up and close the float and see if the gas stops running. It sounds like that to me because if you bearly open the valve then it probably still would flood out if it is your main jet needle.

HondaAtcRoxz

Old 05-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 110 carb problem

thanks I will put the main jet needle in the middle, I had it on the top one but I tried it a couple different ways and it didn't fix the problem. This is starting to make sense, you see this thing was in great shape but the previous owner had a little gas tank hooked to it so I could give it a test run, and the origional tank was full of rust. I cleaned it and today I put a 1/2 gal into it and now it won't even start, I pulled the plug and it was covered with gas so I pulled it a few times and the plug hole had gas accumulating around it. I'm thinking the pressure from just that much gas is enough to keep running through the float valve. I had it apart and the float looks ok, its plastic and I didn't see any adjustments for the valve? Is there any? Or will I need some new parts?

Old 05-25-2006, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default 110 carb problem

I really dont know. I doubt it. You might just need a new needle. Yeah you dont want to run it with the clip in the top one you will run it too lean unless the seat is worn out. my bet would be your float needle is bad and you might need a new one. just do the test i mentioned before and you will soon know.

Old 06-18-2006, 07:43 AM
Trailblazer
Default 110 carb problem

the jet needle ?? the long needle w/clips --has nothing to do with the float needle
if the float needle is worne out replace it
ok---
take carb off
drain fuel
get a long hose for fuel
take off the bowl hold the carb upside down
blow through the longer fuel hose,and move the float up and down if the floats are sealing
there should be no air through the hose
i would replace the float needle ny way its a old machene
hope this helps
make sure which way the choke is on while carb is off

Old 07-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 110 carb problem

can you guys help me with my honda? i have an 83 atc 110 and i also have a few carb probs too,it wont idle unless its almost ovverheated and when i first start it,it wont idle,and a few months ago when i first got it,it idled fine. ive cleaned the carb out a few times w/carb cleaner,and it just sounds like its flooding over :/

im also having trouble finding tires for my honda One-piece-rims and all the other tires i find with rims are 4 bolt pattern,i have 3 bolt pattern for my axles.
ive looked everywhere practically for tires and i just cant seem to find em anywhere, and the d's are 22x11-8

Old 07-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default 110 carb problem

try dennis kirk they have a lot of different tires and have a free cataloge
1-800-969-7601
also rocky mountain -1-800-336-5437
i think they bolth have free shipping over 100.00
plus a dirt wheels magazene will have more stores in them
dennis kirk has replacement rims for your trike as well

did you get the carb problem fixed yet???

Old 07-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 110 carb problem

[quote]
Originally posted by: crazyrider1
try dennis kirk they have a lot of different tires and have a free cataloge
1-800-969-7601
also rocky mountain -1-800-336-5437
i think they bolth have free shipping over 100.00
plus a dirt wheels magazene will have more stores in them
dennis kirk has replacement rims for your trike as well

i already tried both of em,an i didnt fins any that would really suit the 3 wheeler,and im kinda limited on funds at the moment as well,any more suggestions?

Old 07-05-2006, 01:56 AM
Trailblazer
Default 110 carb problem

i would say ebay but-
they charge so much for shipping by the time you get through bidding usually u could have gotten new ones

you can still check though, i did find a deal on mine but it was a buy now optiontry a local shop for used ones
chen ching are cheep new
it depends on what your looking for
try gear works there on ebay
thay have inexpensive tires at good prices when on sale
and they have good ply ratings as well

Old 07-05-2006, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default 110 carb problem

Originally posted by: crazyrider1
i would say ebay but-
they charge so much for shipping by the time you get through bidding usually u could have gotten new ones
How much are they new? Like 100 or more? Even If you get a used one for like 20 and shippin 15 and nothing is wrong with it, it still could be a good deal? BUT I havent checked for thoes I assume they are around there...