Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

Stolen ATV's / police recovery nationwide

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 03:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen ATV's / police recovery nationwide

Take a look at this news clip :

http://cbs2.com/video/?id=21008@kcbs.cdn.dayport.com

I called this officer and he forwarded this to me-

Imagine this: On a dreary Monday morning you board the train into work with your laptop for the start of yet another long work week. As the train pulls into your station you sleepily stand up and dash out the door for the platform along with dozens of other commuters. But wait! You’re missing something. You forgot your laptop on the train! You rush back inside the train before the doors close and look frantically under your seat. But your briefcase with your laptop is nowhere to be found!

This situation is more prevalent than you may think. In 2003 there were more than 600,000 laptops stolen (Safeware Insurance, 2003 report). That’s more than 1,640 laptops stolen every single day.And to compound the problem, even if the police were to find the thief and recover your laptop, they have almost no idea who owns it or how to get it back to you! Why? Because you never wrote down the serial numbers and the paperwork accompanying it is long gone. You filed a police report, but with no serial number to report, your laptop could be stored away in some police evidence room with thousands of others just like it across the state or across the country, never to be returned to you again.

That’s where JustStolen.net comes in. Our website was established by Police Officers to assist consumers, college students and business owners retrieve lost or stolen valuables. The website is a powerful database that members can use to register their personal property. Any descriptive information can be entered into the database including make, model, color, serial number and any thing else you can think of. You can even upload photographs of your items.

But along with the other great advantages of being a member, there are two fantastic features about JustStolen.net:
• Once your items are registered, if they are ever stolen or lost you have all the information you need to give to police. Your descriptive information about the item has been stored in our secure database.
• But here is the best part: When your item is recovered by police across the state or across the globe, they only have to log onto one simple-to-use website to search for its owner. They just enter the serial number or description of your laptop, Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word , DVD player or other valuable, and the item’s description and the email address that you entered when you first registered is there for them to contact you!

Your valuable item won’t be sitting in some far away evidence room, because the police now know who the owner is, and they have an easy way to get in touch with you. It’s as simple as that! Your property is returned and there’s no need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to replace it.

And best of all, JustStolen.net is FREE to use; free for consumers, college students and business owners, and free for all law enforcement personnel. There is never any charge to use our service.

What are some of the other benefits of how JustStolen.net gets your valuables back to you?
• There’s no need to spend your hard earned money to replace lost or stolen valuables
• There’s no need to fill out time-consuming insurance claim forms
• No insurance claim means lower premiums
• Your irreplaceable items (data in your laptop, photographs in your digital camera) have a better chance of being returned to you
• You, the victim of a crime, can now assist the police in a successful prosecution of the thief
• Police won’t waste precious time trying to find the owner of recovered merchandise, freeing up time for crime fighting
• Your member information can be accessed by you from any internet-accessible computer across the globe
• Police only have to search one powerful database for owner information when they recover lost or stolen goods
• No contracts to sign
• No minimum commitment

Old 07-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Quad Patrol

Police already have a system in place that they use everyday adding the same information, it's called NCIC. Best part about their system is it's secured. No one adding information at will. To many negatives can happen with your "open to the public" system.

Old 07-04-2006, 02:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Can you answer a couple questions for me
1) What is the minimum value for an NCIC entry ?
2) Can you enter lost property in NCIC ?
3) Can you enter photos of "articles" under $ 250. ?
4) Can you enter photos ?
5) Have you used NCIC ?
6) Can you email a victim with NCIC ?
7) What are the minimum fields for a laptop entry in NCIC ?
8) Are you familiar with "CI" database ?

I'm a police officer and I spoke to this police officer, are you an officer ?
If so let me know and I will have this Officer contact you.

Old 07-22-2006, 02:15 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Joe7777
Can you answer a couple questions for me
1) What is the minimum value for an NCIC entry ?
2) Can you enter lost property in NCIC ?
3) Can you enter photos of "articles" under $ 250. ?
4) Can you enter photos ?
5) Have you used NCIC ?
6) Can you email a victim with NCIC ?
7) What are the minimum fields for a laptop entry in NCIC ?
8) Are you familiar with "CI" database ?

I'm a police officer and I spoke to this police officer, are you an officer ?
If so let me know and I will have this Officer contact you.
Yes I have used NCIC, I am now retired. Requirements are not that stringent. You do need information that will be helpful in identifying the property, other than color and make. So, the victim does needs to have some type of way of positively identifying it from another person's property, ie. serial number, engraving of some type, etc. Once an item is identified in NCIC, it can give the officer running it, PC to take the item into his possession to determine "if" it is the stolen item and possibly make an arrest off of it. As far as your other questions, if you are an officer, you should be able to answer them.