Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Location of S/N on yamaha Big Bear

Old 03-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location of S/N on yamaha Big Bear

Hey guys! Im new to the forums, and they seem very nice. I Recently Purchased a Yamaha big bear 350 4X4im thinking its a 97-99, and im wondering where the serial number is. Its kinda hard to see anything, cause its covered in mud. but ive looked around, and i havent seen it. I know that its in a couple different places, but im soo lost.. lol. I want to find it for i can go get an offroad sticker! Thanks in advance!

-Steve

Old 03-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

there should be one on the left bottom frame rail underneath the engine, and there should be another one on top of the lower-end of the motor, beneath the carburetor.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

should be down on the frame near the shifter but in the front more just take a rag and whipe the bottom frame rail and the dirt should go in where the serial number was stamped and you should be able to see it fine

Old 03-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks alot guys. Ive successfully found both serial numbers, however, the one on the frame under the motor, its kinda rusty, and i cant really make it out completely. Are the S/N's on the motor and frame asposed to match? Are there any other locations of the S/N on the ATV?

Old 03-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well guys?? Are there any other Serial Numbers?

Old 03-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

There may be other serial numbers, but I don't think so, I can't think of where any others will be.

I'm not sure if the frame s/n is supposed to match the engine's s/n, I can't look at my warrior's to tell you, because it doesn't have the original frame. tried looking at my brother's honda for the s/n, but I couldn't find any on the engine because it's all corroded from water crossings.

Old 03-10-2006, 01:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hmm.. well do you think i could use the motor S/N to get a offroad sticker for it? I think i may have to call yamaha. Im going to try to take a brush, and lightly scratch the rust off to try and expose the serial number. If you have any other suggestions, i would love to hear them!

Old 03-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'd call the yamaha dealer and ask if the numbers match. They would be able to tell you right away, i'm sure that's common knowledge stuff for them.

If it doesn't match the engine, i'd suggest maybe some fine sandpaper instead of a wire brush. You want to be careful about using something too aggressive, because if you take it down too far you're screwed. Once you sand it and read the number, make sure you get a few coats of paint on it before it rusts again.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Didn't you get a title or MSO with it? I've had to have one or the other for any sticker I've gotten for my quads through the years. Also, when you go to get the sticker you'll have to pay sales tax on the amount you paid for the quad if you didn't get it from a dealer and pay tax when you bought it. At least that's how it is here in Trumbull County.

Old 03-11-2006, 02:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

I didnt get a title, a friend of mine said 200 and older didnt have titles? But what is a MSO?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Location of S/N on yamaha Big Bear