Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LT50 oil injection removal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT50 oil injection removal?

I am not understanding from the different posts I am reading how to properly block off the oil injection so I can run mix gas in my kids 2002 lta-50. I have done alot of the other mods I read in this forum, but am not sure about this oil pump thing. I only see one line going to the pump from the tank, and no line coming out of the pump to the carb. which hose on the carb is the oil line?
any help is appreciated
adam

Old 11-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Trailblazer

no line going to carb. inside the clutch cover there is a passage way going to the cylinder,i took a piece of o-ring and siliconed it inside the passage way by a bolt hole and took the pump out. i used the same plate with the hose to block off where the pump was. i just put another bolt in the hole where the hose goes in to fill the hole.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

This mod is ten mins tops. Heres the steps:

1 remove plastics
2 remove top bolt from back shock and pull shock backwards two inches or so
3 remove in and out lines ( the out line is under it and sort of hidden from viewuntill you jiggle the oil tank)
4 I left the short line comming out of the engine case and shoved a fat golf tee in there. A bolt or short concrete nail is probably better but its what I had handy.
5 zip tie the golf tee in place
6 duck tape the whole thing as tight as possible covering the end of the golf tee then one more zip tie
7 put plastics back on
8 I ran my first tank of gas with 1/2 pump gas and half 110 pre mix to get the old oil out of the engine
9 I now run trick 110 at 40:1 with a racing oil that I get from a local pro. Castor 927 is an easy to get and good oil though.

MOTOR LOVES IT!

I guess I could lean out the mix a bit but my daughter is real hot on the pipe and I would rather run a little smoke out the pipe and change plugs a little more often than seize the piston because of over heat.

One great byproduct of this mod is if you have the k&n filter and velocity tube on the carb you can now actually get to it to take it off without any fuss at all.

Good luck!

Old 11-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Trailblazer

Familyofdirt is correct in saying the mod is 10 minutes tops, but if you're going to take the time to do it, do it right and remove the banjo fitting from the engine case and replace the banjo fitting bolt with a new one of the same thread but only about 3/8" long. Use one of the 2 aluminum washers from the banjo fitting to ensure a good seal.

Old 11-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Trailblazer

i had my clutch cover off to change the clutch thats why i took it all off.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by MrSandman
....do it right and remove the banjo fitting from the engine case and replace the banjo fitting bolt with a new one of the same thread but only about 3/8" long. Use one of the 2 aluminum washers from the banjo fitting to ensure a good seal.

It's a 6mm bolt that I cut down in length with my dremel.