Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Leasing a quad

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leasing a quad

Anybody ever lease an ATV? What was the list pride and your lease payment?

Old 10-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Trailblazer
Default Leasing a quad

In my opinion, which is probably worth 1/2 a cent, don't do it. Resale on a new quad is horrible anyway. Think of the money you'll spend, what you have to show for it, and is it worth it. I'm sure you can find something one or two years old for less than what you'll spend on a lease and have something to show for it. No experience leasing, just my opinion....and your money.

Old 10-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leasing a quad

I guess I didnt know you could lease an atv, I've never heard of anyone doing it. Its always either been cash or financing for a new or used atv, never seen a lease option. For atvs the best thing to do is buy a mint used bike thats a year or two old, there seem to be quite a few out there after the shine has worn off the new machine for them, or they sell to get the latest and greatest. I suspect you will see a lot of 450's on the chopping block from 04 and 05 this year. And a lot of raptor 660s.

Old 10-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Leasing a quad

Originally posted by: maddog56
I guess I didnt know you could lease an atv, I've never heard of anyone doing it. Its always either been cash or financing for a new or used atv, never seen a lease option. For atvs the best thing to do is buy a mint used bike thats a year or two old, there seem to be quite a few out there after the shine has worn off the new machine for them, or they sell to get the latest and greatest. I suspect you will see a lot of 450's on the chopping block from 04 and 05 this year. And a lot of raptor 660s.
I have never heard of leasing A quad either. I don't think that would be such A good deal.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Leasing a quad

Originally posted by: MIDDLEAGEDCRAZY
Originally posted by: maddog56
I have never heard of leasing A quad either. I don't think that would be such A good deal.
Ditto here...but I'm sure some overly strapped person would do it. Some people are over extended down to the last penny of their income and will never see daylight for twenty years. I don't imagine any bank would support the program.