Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Warrior vs 400ex

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 02:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior vs 400ex

I was wondering how much difference there is bettween the honda 400ex and yamaha warrior 350 in handling and power. Are they far apart or fairly close? Would I have a hard time keeping up with a 400ex if I was on a warrior. If the 400ex is better would it take a lot to make the warrior competative with the 400? I just want a sport wheeler to mess around on every once and a while, but I would still keep my foreman 450. Thanks!

Old 06-13-2005, 02:49 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warrior vs 400ex

The Warrior is one of my favorite subjects! First off, I rode one for years, so I'm not just some Yamaha basher. My advice is to avoid this machine! In its day it was OK, but now there are so many better machines out there. The EX is far superior. No comparison. All it lacks is reverse, if it is a pre 05.

Old 06-13-2005, 03:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Warrior vs 400ex

400ex is much better, the warriors ive seen can go but compaired to a 400ex there like a yamaha breeze, if ur gonna spend the money for a warrior u mise well go the extra leap and invest in a 400ex. 400ex is just better all around, handling, power, did i mention wheelies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] lol

Old 06-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Default Warrior vs 400ex

The Warrior is ok, if you have nothing to compare it to.

Even my wife loved her's until she rode my KFX now she says the Warrior handles like crap.

The engine on the Warrior is great, good torque, very reliable. But the chassis is dated at best. We are now looking into a Raptor 350 for the wife.

The 400ex is far better all around, especially handling wise. But if you NEED reverse, the 400ex only got it in 2005. So if you are looking used a Warrior might look better for that reason. But if you are an agressive ride the Warrior might not be the best choice. If you are just crusing around the trails and are not going to push it the Warrior will be ok.

Old 06-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior vs 400ex

Originally posted by: ss97
Even my wife loved her's until she rode my KFX now she says the Warrior handles like crap.

We are now looking into a Raptor 350 for the wife.
If your wife has a Warrior now, it doesn't make sense to go to the Raptor 350. It's the same "dated" frame as the Warrior with new plastics and the generic Raptor styling. She'd be better off with a 400EX or Z400.

The Warrior, while not really competitive with the 400EX is certainly more in that class than the Breeze .. that's just a super rude thing to say.

The 400EX has better handling and power. It's a good deal quicker than the Warrior but not a hell of a lot faster. Just gets to it's top speed much quicker than the Warrior.

If you look at the cost of making a warrior competitive in the power department, you'll be looking at a fair chunk of change. The EX is around 25 or 26hp stock. The warrior is around 18-20. To get that extra power out of the Warrior is not super duper easy and can be very exspensive, especially if you can't do any mechanical work yourself. Even then .. the Warrior is a solid 20 lbs heavier. Then you have to concern yourself with the handling aspect, and that's when you start getting into major dollars for shocks, a-arms .. etc...

Warrior is a fabulous bike with great potential, but has to be recognized for what it is. Reconranger seems to have it in for the Warrior, dunno if he had a bad one or what .. I love mine, and I've ridden quite a few others, a YFZ for instance. I'd love something nicer, but that doesn't make the Warrior something to be avoided at all cost.

In the end, you have to get something that 1. you can afford, 2. makes you happy.

Enjoy whatever you get!!

Old 06-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Default Warrior vs 400ex

If your wife has a Warrior now, it doesn't make sense to go to the Raptor 350. It's the same "dated" frame as the Warrior with new plastics and the generic Raptor styling. She'd be better off with a 400EX or Z400.
Not from what I've seen and read. The Raptor has a totally different set of ergonomics from the ground up. Dirt Wheels and ATV Sport both said it handles better than the Raptor660. A friend of mine has one and he said it's nothing like his old Warrior.

The 400ex has no reverse unless you buy new, and I'm not paying the same for a 400ex as I paid for my KFX400. If the new ex was the same price as the Raptor350 I'd consider it. That 350 has enough pep for the wife. And our Warrior with mods it probably close in speed to the new Raptor.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior vs 400ex

IMO I think the warrior has the best seat of all sport quad

Old 06-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warrior vs 400ex

Thanks for all the info guys, my goal is to get a 400ex or predator or raptor, but I don't have the money for that right now, but I could get a used warrior and drive it until I can get a predator. I have been driving utility/sport utility atvs for many years, so even if a warrior isn't very good I wouldn't know, until I get a predator, then the preadtor would look really really good with all of the handling and power it has.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior vs 400ex

Good luck on your choice.

Old 06-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Warrior vs 400ex

Dpn't get a Warrior. Save up a little more and get the 400ex. They seem to be a better all around wheelers than Warrior and 300ex's. Or just save a bunch and get the Predator.

Quick Reply: Warrior vs 400ex