Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BRUIN 350 REVERSE OVERRIDE BYPASS

Old 01-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRUIN 350 REVERSE OVERRIDE BYPASS

I HAVE A 350 BRUIN THAT BOGGS DOWN IN REVERSE. DOSE ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO BYPASS THE GOV. TO GET THE FULL POWER. ALSO IT DOSEN'T WANT TO SHIFT PASS SECOND.

Old 01-10-2005, 01:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I did a search on ebay, and came up with this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43976
Its the kit, and parts, plus the service manual on cd, for 15 bucks.

Not sure what you mean on this...."ALSO IT DOSEN'T WANT TO SHIFT PASS SECOND. " Isnt it an auto?

Old 03-14-2005, 07:05 PM
Trailblazer

I have a yamaha bruin 350 4x4. There is no manual version of the 350 bruin. there is only one gear on its ultramatic. Unless youre talking about the bruin 250, then there is a 5 speed automatic. Yes there is an override but it costs around 70 or 80 dollars on ebay

Old 03-23-2005, 07:57 AM
Range Rover

hey i also have a 05 bruin, just learned what a reverse limiter is yesterday mine boggs down if given to much throttle in reverse, i called my dealer right away thought there was a problem with the bruin they told me thats normal its so it limits your speed in reverse to prevent accidents, can get a bypass kit off ebay, im leaving mine alone because my kids ride it and i think its great for kids, has far has second you should have a ultramatic just put her in forward and thats it. hope this helps. kris

Old 03-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah I dont like the rev limiter. My brother's Brute Force 750 came with a bypass. Ive only taken it up to 20 in reverse because the irs almost flipped me sideways. Im really good with fullsize trailers on mine so i got the hang of it. Also, DONT flood it in reverse because what the limiter does is grounds every other spark on the plug hence the putting it does when you rev it up. If you continue to do it, your plug will just foul so its kind of a waste. There is a way to get rid of it tho without any bypasses. I pasted this out of someone elses text. (Sry i forgot your name) But i think im gonna try it because there is no destruction involved in it. Everything just bolts or plugs back in place:
here is the way around it. i just did this on my kodiak last night. I am pretty sure it will work for the bruin. You first must take the air box completly off to have access to the trans from the top. once it is off you sould see a couple off sensors about 4" back. at this point, turn the key on put it in rev. you are going to have to find the reverse sensor. i believe it is the one all the way to the right (looking at them from the back of the bike) start by pulling the sensor connector off the far right sensor. the reverse light should go off, if it does it is the reverse sensor. if not put it back on and try another one. once the light goes off you have found the correct sensor. when you find the right one put the rear end off the bike in the air for a test run. first run it in rev with the sensor connector on and the rev limiter witll be on. now take the connector off and run a wire from the connector to a ground. the rev. light should go off and now give it gas, there should be no limiter. I accomplised overcomming the limitor by haveing a override pushbutton switch grounded to the bike, and then spliced into the reverse sensor connector. this way you can have ithe limitor on or off.
let me know if it works

Old 03-25-2005, 02:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

WILL I WENT ON EBAY AND GOT THE REVERSE BYPASS AND I GOT TO DAY IT WORKS. YOU JUST GOT TO CUT ONE WIRE AND PUT A SWICH. YOU FLIP THE SWICH ON AND IT MOVES NOW. NO MORE GETTING STUCK IN THE MUD. IF ANYONE WANTS TO KNOW HOW TO BYPASS IT LET ME KNOW AND I'LL POST IT.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Please post how the bypass works... I have an 04 Bruin and buried it up to the handle bars yesterday because of the stupid rev limiter!!!!
Thanks,
Brad

Old 04-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Tried the mod.....WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!!!! This thing should chew through a stump now!! Thanks!!!!! Is there any way I can post pics of the proceedure?

Old 04-19-2005, 07:33 PM
Trailblazer

hey gtnby2 if you have any shots of what you did, could you please send them to me? I havent done it yet- i was waiting for somebody else to do it too so i could be sure of it. If you cant put them here then could you send them to me via email? my email is frankxgruber@cs.com. thanx

P.S. I got the Greenball Gators for my bruin. They increase the weight all around a lot because the fronts weigh 23 lbs each and the backs 24. You dont really notice it much though. If you have any trouble whatsoever with the stock tires then get these tires. They are one of the cheaper priced tires but i have burnt out for countless minutes on rock, cement, asphalt, etc and they show ABSOLUTELY no sign of ware. They were about $115 for the front and
$125 for the back. Also they are 6 ply so they give a slightly bumpier ride (just take the pressure down to 3.5 psi or 3) but they will pop into the air before a nail pops them. I have taken them up to a foot and a half of water and
7 inches of mud and ridden wheelies out.

Old 04-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Range Rover

hey gtnby2 i would also like to see how the limiter is bypassed can you post it with pics if not can you also send me via email. granlunds@peoplepc.com thanks got stuck a couple days ago limiter sucks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BRUIN 350 REVERSE OVERRIDE BYPASS