Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

suki 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suki 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey im new to this forum. BUt there is one major question i need to get answered. Is the suki 400 high maintnance and is it reliable? Ive been looking at this hing for a while and not shure if i should get it or not! Its the right one for me though well at least i think. Im just gonna be hill riding moderate junps nothing big and messing around you know! The only thing is i dont want to buy something and then be dissapointed. So you peep's think this a good one or not. Im going to be mostly in hot weather thats why i think this water cooled one is it . But is there any CON's about it thx. greatly appreciate your help!!!!

Old 01-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

I assume your are reffering to the quadsport Z400? If so, yes. It is one of the most reliable, and rider-friendly ATVs made. Everyone that owns one will tell you this. Welcome to the forums, and if you decide on Z400, you will not be dissapointed!

-Ryan

Old 01-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Range Rover

They are very dependable, I have severely abused mine and it still runs like new!! It's been hydrolocked from beeing under water, ran it with water in oil,ran HARD since I got it in october. Only common problem I know about is rear brake squeek when new which went away for me after about 1 month. And you mentioned you liked the fact they are water cooled, They also have an elect. fan (sensor controlled like a car) in case you didn't know.

Old 01-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Range Rover

Like Ryan said, welcome to the forums! I' pretty new also. Thier's some smart guys on this site that have really helped me out directly and indirectly. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah thx alot. Now one other thing when you start modding it does it make it less dependable. Oh and aslo what if your pump goes out will you know right away before you seriously damage sumthing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2005, 10:41 PM
Range Rover

I've changed the exaust system,jetting,and removed airbox lid. Still starts just as easy and as dependable as stock. If your referring to the water pump there is a temp warning light built into the dash to warn you of overheat.

Old 01-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

Its REALLY hard to kill those things. You have to really try if you want to trash them.

Old 01-26-2005, 11:24 PM
Trailblazer

yes, basically just like anythign when you do engine mods to something it will have a better chance of going wrong but only if it is not maintained. The z400 engine reacts to mods nicely and have many mods available that will give you lots of xtra hp as long as you chagne the oil regularly, clean air filter often etc. I have a full white bros exhaust and filter with no lid and rejetted and it runs awesome. I researched into sport quads alot before buying one and i am very very happy with my choice. Welcome to the forums

Old 01-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

welcome. the Z is a great machine. and as for mods it depends on what is done to make it unreliable
mine is just as reliable as a stock. IMO

Old 01-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Range Rover

only probs i had with mine is the stock fuel petcock took a dump on me and the stock fan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: suki 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!