Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

installing trinity stage IV intake/carb on 03 banshee some questions

Old 01-25-2005, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing trinity stage IV intake/carb on 03 banshee some questions

i just got a trinity stage IV single 35mm carb and intake for my 03 banshee its all stock its the first mod i took out the stock carbs to install the new carb when i took out the stock carbs i had to unplug the electrical wires 2 of them that connect to the carbs what do i do with these wires

Old 01-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Leave the wires hanging or tie them up. You won't use them anymore. Now, under the gas tank on the front drivers side there is a little black box that has a wire coming out of it that goes to a white triangle plug. Unplug that plug and you can remove the black box if you want. If you don't unplug it, your engine will not rev up.

Old 01-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

im just about done the install theres 2 boxes side by side are you talking about the black box that is only about the size of a 9v battery is smaller then the other one has 3 wires coming out of it black, black/white, and yellow/black wires and its on the side closer to the kill switch and lights switch and should i trace and take out all the wires that are disconnected now or just tape them off so no mud water gets in them

Old 01-26-2005, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

anyone?

Old 01-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Cut the two plugs off the Tors. Then each plug has two wire, connect them together. Now plug them in the original connectors in the harness.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

so i cut the 2 plugs off the wires that were connected to the carbs? do i twist the 2 wires together on each plug or twist all 4 together then what harness do i plug them in also am i talking about the right box to disconnect

Old 01-27-2005, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

No just the two wires per plug you tie together. Then you plug them back where you disconnected them from on the harness.

As far as the black box it should be the smaller one with two wires going to it I think!!!

Old 01-27-2005, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

i dont get what your saying on the harness that runs along the whole frame theres 2 plugs coming out of it 2 wires on each plug each plug connected into the stock carbs so where on the harness am i supposed to put them and the smaller box has 3 wires coming out of it not 2

Old 01-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

Ernie has you all screwed up. Simply do what I said and unplug the triangular plug. It comes from that little black box that you say that is the size of a 9 volt. You don't have to tape up or splice anything just unplug it.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

ok ill do that what is that box called also is it worth tracing all the plugs and taking them out of the harness also what is the best air intake setup to get to get the most air to the filter right now i have a k&n filter with pro flow adapter plate and the stock air intake box with a hole cut in it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: installing trinity stage IV intake/carb on 03 banshee some questions