Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Reviews of Chinese ATVs

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reviews of Chinese ATVs

Post your reviews of made ATVs here. Please, only comment if you own or did own one, no secondhand opinions. (That's why it is so hard to get a review, it's all second or fourth hand opinions!)

Mine: Maxlife 110.
Fun, and fast, holding up well. Underpowered for my overweight butt, but moves the younguns like the wind.

benefits: Good acceleration, snappy handling, suspension works well. Parts have been easy to get, but no odd parts needed yet. (Handlebar and brake pads)
Downside: Underpowered for adults or bigger kids. It works, but lacks. 2 wheel drive.
Bang for your buck on a scale of 1 - 10: 8, maybe 9. Its very inexpensive, so you get a lot for your money.

So, what do you have?

Old 06-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Range Rover

This thread is a good idea!

I have a Tomahawk ZXR 110 ATV which is sold under many other brands here is a link to one of the distributers. The motor is a Honda clone that looks like the old trail bike/ATC 110 motors while the frame and plastics are like a Raptor 80 except it has front a-arms.

Benefits:
- The price, I paid $1300 for it which is about $900 less than a Raptor 80 and it has a bigger motor and more features.
- Looks and sounds real good!

Weakness:
- Poor assembly. After about 10 rides the bolts holding one of the lights vibrated out and the other lights and a few motor cover bolts were loose. I would advise you lock-tite and re-torque these bolts. I also noticed some of the welds on the bumper are cracked/loose.
- It's also not real fast with my big butt on it but OK for younger kids, my 10 year old wants more power though..

Old 06-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

Good input, that's the type of info I like to see.

Mine arrived crated, so I assembed a large part of it. Thus, I used loctite from the get go, so not much has shaken loose. good idea to go over it and loctite the stuff I didn't assemble. I think I'll do that this afternoon.

Old 06-10-2004, 04:51 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I'm bored so I'll give a another review.

Brand: Maxfine 100
Aliases: MZ/QJ/Hornet 100

Description: 93.5cc's, full suspension with rear long travel, electric start with kick start backup, head light, brake light, cvt, driver tether kill-switch, rear tether kill-switch, adjustable throttle, front and rear drum brakes.

Pros: Got a steal at $1180. Lots of value. Seems well built. Plenty of child-power for hard packed trail riding with moderate hills. Lots of parts available if you know where to look (like miniatvs.com).

Cons: Would not recommend for anyone over 100 lbs (underpowered). Shocks are too stiff for most children. Wish it had smaller brake levers. Harder to start after storing for any length of time then what I am used to. BUT I'm used to Honda!

Mail ordered the quad. Received in box, I had to charge battery, tighten handle bars, add fuel/oil and put air in the tires. Fired right up.

After riding I had to adjust the front alignment and front shock lengths. Easy to do and it rides great now. Also started having idling problems and had to adjust the carb. Again, very easy fix.

Rating on scale of 1 - 10 for satisfaction - I would say 8, only because it can be difficult to start after sitting a week or two, And that may be my own fault for not running the fuel out. I'd buy it all over again in a heart beat.

Old 06-11-2004, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

when you leave it a couple of weeks, do you shut off the fuel petcock? If not, try that. maybe a little fuel is seeping past. Some say it almost builds up hydraulic pressure when left on. I always shut off petcock, even for a day.

Old 06-11-2004, 09:56 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

If I think about it I do. I noticed once when left open in the garage for about a week and a half, it seems to leak something through the overflow. May have gummed it up a little.

Old 06-12-2004, 03:51 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Must've been it, I started it last night after sittinf a week and it cranked right up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Guess if it's gonna make a liar out of me, that's a good way to do it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

it's a good habit on any gas powered item with a petcock to shut it off after use. That way you can also run carb dry. I do it all the time on my pressure washer, generator, etc. The quads i don't run dry cuz they get used year round.

Old 06-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

My Suzuki road bike has a vacuum petcock that's sweet. When the carbs are sucking air, the petcock opens automagically. When they stop, it stops.

The bike is an 82, and still works great, so there aren't any wear issues on that part. (now, ignoring a cam chain tensioner noise too long... that turns out to be an issue..) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

funny, on the LT80, I couldn't get it to prime, and eventually vacuum was hit or miss. The old LT50, the vacuum never did work. Suzuki wanted $140 for a new petcock on the LT80, someone here posted a Banshee Petcock would work, but for $30. He was right, it fit perfect, I just don't have vacuum anymore.

Quick Reply: Reviews of Chinese ATVs