Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee overheating

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee overheating

Went to the dunes a few weeks back and my banshee would over heat on me. What can I do to aid in it not overheating? I used engine ice already and it helped it alittle. The temps were only in the 70's. Is there a fan, larger radiator, etc I can get to help? If so who and where do I get it from?

Old 06-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Trailblazer

there are alot of shee's in the dunes that dont over heat you dont need a fan you need to get it cheked out at a local shop thats my advice

Old 06-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

there are bigger radiators for the banshee but the are quite costly. you could invest in a coolhead or an impeller that flows more water to the radiator. my shee doesn't have any cooling mods and it doesn't over heat in the dunes though. maybe your impeller broke.

Old 06-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Use Redline's Water Wetter, it's been proven to aid cooling far better than Engine Ice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Inline coolers from CFM.

Old 06-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

Good ol' Shee overheating...common prob...you might try lookin into those in-line billet coolers available on ebay.

Old 06-08-2004, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

I went to the dunes a while back and it was getting pretty close to the 90's. Mine didn't overheat but I have a high flow water pump, cool head, two 9in. long in-line water coolers, and I run engine ice. My buddies banshee however did run hot. We went up to the shop where they sell parts to get some engine ice for his and the guy that runs the place said to just go ahead and buy the larger radiator made by toomey and you would never have the overheating problem again. He made a pretty good point when he mentioned that the 350cc banshee carries the exact same radiator as a 125cc dirt bike. They run about $400 bucks. It's to much for me but maybe you can afford it. We left there with a gallon of engine ice and finished up our trip.

Old 06-08-2004, 10:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

You could try installing a small electric fan in back of the radiator so it pulls air through the radiator and blows the air onto the motor. Hook it up to a thermostat so it only comes on when it reaches a certain temperature.

Old 06-09-2004, 02:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

when i first bought my 2000 banshee the guy who sold it to me said it would overheat and boil if you let it sit for a few seconds started.he said thats how it just ran.i knew that was bull**** and since it had good compression i went ahead and bought it. when i got home.i took off the the impeller cover for the cooling system,and the fins were totally gone!!!. a properly working cooling system with distilled water like its suposed to shouldnt over heat unless its 119 degree's out and your running first gear wound out all day

Old 06-09-2004, 07:01 AM
Pro Rider

Check your carb jetting, you might be to lean..... A Banshee will run good, but will over heat when its a little to lean......

Old 06-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

I agree to check the impeller...Mine had melted fins on it...it was pushing no water. I changed to a machined pro design unit and have had no problems since.

Quick Reply: Banshee overheating